Two things on my mind today. Okay, mostly just two things. I can never just have two things—my thoughts run on Energizer batteries (they just keep going and going and going…).
1. MONTH OF CARDIO begins TODAY! My husband’s birthday is one month from today, and he decided to kick it into high gear by doing at least 15 minutes of a cardio activity 6 days a week for a month. He kicked it off with a 3-mile run this morning, and I started by tacking some Cardio X onto the end of my Legs and Back workout.
Even better? We’ve got a bunch of our friends on board! And even our daughter is outside skating right now because she wants to participate. How cool is that?
I wish I had a picture of me working out today, but you wouldn’t want to see it. I was gross. Instead, here’s random picture number 14. Check out my duct-taped glasses. >.>
2. I’m going to fire one of our therapists today. Okay, not really fire, because she only works for us through the company, but basically. She’s not good for my son. The more I think about it, the more sure I am that it’s the right thing to do.
He doesn’t like her. In fact, the whole time she’s here, I think he’s on the edge of a meltdown (thanks to a very informative post someone linked to me about identifying meltdowns). I thought he was just tired, but I talked to the therapist who works with him at the clinic, and he said his behavior doesn’t change in the afternoons for him at all. That tells me it’s something else.
The problem is, I HATE confrontation. I’m so bad at it. I have my own issues that I won’t go into right now, but the very idea of having to tell someone it’s not working out and explaining myself sends my anxiety into the highest of gears. My stomach is turning just thinking about it.
But it has to be done. He deserves to have the kind of people in his life who work towards the goals we believe in; to have people who help draw him out on the basis of love and safety rather than discomfort and intimidation.
So there ya go. Good sweat, yucky anxiety. Overall, though, I’m still feeling pretty good today. :-)
- sarabiestrikesback said: I think I might join you guys in your Month of Cardio! It sounds like a great way to get my butt into gear, especially if other people are doing it, too. :)
- sarabiestrikesback likes this
- tashuadaybyday said: ((((Hugs)))) You can do it! I really hate confrontation too. Hang in there!
- tashuadaybyday likes this
- talesfromthetoadelf likes this
- noquithouse posted this